It's that time of year again when everything is pink (yippee!) and red and the pressure is on for all those both single and coupled. For the first time in as long as I can remember, I felt like Feb 14th was just another day in my already blessed life. I didn't feel the need to strongarm my very dear friend and annual default V-day date (aka "B") to take me to dinner and sit through a chick flick/Disney film of my choosing, and listen to me rant about being single and why I hated V-day, as he has faithfully done in past years. Actually, I decided to celebrate myself that evening by going to the gym (kickboxing is great for giving you that "I am woman, hear me roar" feeling), getting take-out, and settling in on my couch for a new episode of "Lost". Much to my surprise, B showed up at my door anyway, surprising me with a dozen pink roses and a big box of chocolate. While sharing the chocolate and some wine with B, I sat back and smiled smugly as I remembered what V-day is all about....love-for friends, for family, for lovers, for oneself, for all....
My cup runneth over...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment